The Ninth Conference of the Saudi Media and Communication Association
Specialized media in light of the developments in the field and its plurality of methods.
In light of the technical developments and the many transformations in the fields of communication and electronic media, the concept of specialized media has gained paramount importance, especially with the high level of public awareness and the different interests of the masses, including the specialized elites, who have come to expect the media to upgrade the specialized content they deal with, and accordingly, the specialized media gave the media He took more glamor and took him in deeper directions in the topics he addresses and addresses. The pursuit of events in various political, economic, social, sports, artistic and other specialized fields, entering into the details of its coverage in proportion to the levels of conscious and specialized audiences, requires the media to expand their coverage more, and appropriately keep up with that with greater informational value so that the media person becomes familiar with all the information related to the field in which he deals. It is known that the tremendous digital and technological development in traditional media and modern means of communication has contributed to raising the levels of awareness and culture of specialized audiences, and facilitating searches and access to information, and thus the segment of targeted topics in coverage expanded, and increased in depth and specialization.
On the other hand, specialized publishing has become a necessity required by daily life, as organizations and countries depend on it, and it requires a high degree of attention and preparation, and it has become an important arm used to serve institutional, ideological and political agendas in many countries. Given the increasing importance of specialized media, the Saudi Society for Media and Communication is organizing its ninth conference on it under the title: Specialized media in light of the developments in the field and its multiplicity of methods.
Definition of specialized media:
It is the media that focuses in its coverage on a specific field or specialization, and its fields are multiplied by the multiplicity of aspects of life and by the multiplicity of specializations, including: political, economic, military, social, educational, health, environmental, tourism, commercial, cultural, literary, theatrical, and artistic media. ...etc.
- Knowing the reality of specialized media locally and globally, and the challenges it faces.
Discussing the roles and functions performed by the specialized media for specialists and other members of the general public.
- Addressing the role of specialized media campaigns in raising the level of public awareness in society.
- To reveal the extent to which media institutions understand the importance of specialized media, and their efforts to support and develop it.
- Discussing the role of academic departments and training institutes in providing specialized media cadres.
- Foreseeing the future of specialized media in light of the rapid developments in the world of media and communication and the scarcity of information.
- Definition of specialized media, its components, and fields.
- Specialized media, its means, and objectives.
- Specialized media and program marketing.
- Media specialized in Arab media.
- Specialized media campaigns.
- The media specialized in electronic and modern means of communication.
- The reality and future of specialized media and the developments it contains.
Parties invited to participate in the conference:
- Faculties, departments, and institutes of media and communication in public and private universities.
- Governmental and private media institutions.
- Researchers and those interested in specialized media issues.
- Workers in the media and public relations in government and private institutions.
- The research should be within the framework of the conference's themes and objectives.
- The research should not have been previously published or participated in another conference.
- Researches are accepted in both Arabic and English.
- The number of search words shall not be less than 4,000 and not more than 10,000 words.
- Two abstracts, one in Arabic and the other in English, with no more than 250 each, shall be sent.
- Abstracts and research files are sent in Word format.
- It is suggested that the conference will be held in the middle of the first semester of the next year.
- The last date for receiving research summaries and CVs is 20-5-2022 / 18-10-1443.
- The last date for receiving all research and working papers is 5-7-2022 / 5-12-1443.
- Entries should be sent to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For inquiries and more information, contact the Secretary of the Scientific Committee, Mr. Majid Al-Jeriwi, on the e-mail: email@example.com